I love reading all types of books, so if you are an author or publisher and would like to suggest/send me a book to read and review please feel free but I do have a policy so please read it before you do anything along those lines.
I accept any genre to read, but do have a preference for -
- Science Fiction
- Victorian Horror & Horror in General
I will also accept non-fiction books to review but only if its something I'm interested in reading.
I will always try to reply to review requests, but this does not mean that I have accepted the book to review. I will not accept review books with deadlines; I try to put my review up no later than 2 months after actually reading the book. The only exception to this is if a publisher has requested me to wait until a certain date to post my review.
This is a teens, tweens, and YA book blog, so the age ranges I accept are -
- 8 - 11 years
- 12 - 15 years
- 16 - 18 years
I do not accept adult books, and please be aware that the choice of reading a book is not solely my own , as if an adult, such as my parents, say I cannot read a book that is final.
If I accept a book to review this will mean -
- My review will be posted on Books for Birds, Goodreads, and Amazon.
- If I re-read the book then I may make changes to my review.
- I am always 100% honest in my reviews, stating clearly whether my opinion of it was positive or negative. I will always explain why the book did or didn't work out for me personally. I will NEVER write anything mean, nasty, or highly degrading about the book or author.
(It might be a good idea to check out a review of mine so you know what you're getting.)
I also accept -
ARC's (Advance Review Copies)
I will accept E-Books, but only if its something I'm really interested in reading.
I may review a young children's book but selectively.
You can contact me regarding a review request at: email@example.com
Please read my giveaway policy before entering any giveaways held/hosted at Books for Birds.
- Any and all entrants must be 13 years of age or older to enter a giveaway at Books for Birds. If you are under this age a parent or guardian must enter for you.
- Unless it has been stated otherwise the winners of giveaways are chosen randomly, by a random number generator.
- Giveaway winners will be notified within 48 hours and have 72 hours to reply and claim their prize. Another winner will be chosen if the original winner fails to claim their prize within this time.
- Personal information will NEVER be shared with anyone.
- It is my right to withhold a prize from the winner(s) or disqualify any entrant in a giveaway if I see fit.
- If prizes are lost or damaged in the post I can not be held responsible.
- If a prize become unavailable for any reason I can not be held responsible.
Feel free to email me with any complaints, and I will try to help if I can.