Tuesday, 1 December 2015

BLOGMAS DAY ONE // DECEMBER TBR


It's starting. December is here, as is intense stress. I thought to kick things off I would do my December TBR for you, because it seemed like the most appropriate day. So here it is, Merry Christmas, everybody's having fun. (Bonus points to whoever can name the song!)

Here they are...










I'm sorting them out into a rereads group and a select from group, because between school, Christmas things to do, Blogmas, and other such things, I very much doubt I'll be able to read them all.

Select from TBR:

Mystery In White by J. Jefferson Farjeon, a murder mystery that I received for Christmas last year. It's set over the Christmas period, so seems highly appropriate as some Christmas reading.
The Chocolate Lovers' Christmas by Carole Matthews. Carole Matthews is a great writer, and her Christmas books put me in a very festive mood.
The Winter Wedding by Abby Clements. Abby Clements are always really easy, quick reads and I'm sure this one will be the same.
Every Time A Bell Rings by Carmel Harrington. Okay, I'm going to be honest, the premise intrigued me and it was impulse buy in Tesco.
Make A Christmas Wish by Julia Williams. Julia Williams is.... Okay, so the main reason I bought the book is because of how beautiful it is, but it sounds good as well.
A Wedding At Christmas by Chrissie Manby. It was floppy, and Christmassy. I'm running out of different reasons.
The Heart Of Winter by Emma Hannigan. I was going to read this last year but never, so I thought I would possibly this year instead.
Just For Christmas by Scarlett Bailey. I've already read this one, it's going back to the library today, but this one was really good. I read a Scarlett Bailey novel a few years back and loved it, and I loved this one as well.

Reread TBR:

My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins. YA short stories set around Christmas. Will only read the ones I liked from the first time of reading.
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. Three interconnected short stories, that I loved.
- Forgot to add this one into the TBR photo but Dash & Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.
Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie. The first book I try to read every Christmas. There's nothing like a good murder to put you in the festive spirit, is there?
Nancy and Plum by Betty MacDonald. Another book I read every year. I landed up getting this for myself one year before Christmas, and as the book starts at Christmas, it's become one of my festive traditions.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Little Women is my favourite book of all time, and I read every year at Christmas, without fail. I adore it, and I find it such a comfort, and a book that makes me feel festive because I read annually at Christmas.

So that's my TBR. As you can probably tell, I tend towards the adult chick-lit's at this time of year, because I struggle to find any Christmassy YA reads. Comment down below letting me know what books you plan on reading this month, and with any suggestions you have for books for me. And if you want me to do a discussion post or a review on any of these books, then let me know which ones. I'll see you tomorrow for day 2 of Blogmas.




2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what I'm going to read this month: but so far I'm planning to reread My True love Gave to Me, and also read Pride and Prejudice. Love this post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great picks! I really want to read Pride and Prejudice at some point, hopefully soon. My True Love Gave To Me is such a lovely festive read. Thanks Holly xx

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.