Saturday, 10 October 2015

LIFESTYLE // I AM...

I am called Zoe. I am 16. I am tall. I am short sighted. I am not very confident. I am very shy. I am a bundle of awkward. I am determined. I am always trying to be positive, even when I am not. I am creative. I am friendly. I am kind. I am patient. I am quiet. I am funny, I think. I am someone who can get very angry. I am kind of independent. I am helpful. I am trustworthy. I am loyal. I am a good person. I am a good friend. I am not someone who talks rubbish. I am opinionated. Does this make me weird? Does it make me boring?

I am quite smart. I am good at school. I am well behaved. I am studier. I am someone who tries hard. I am not very sporty. I am able to teach people things. I am easily stressed. I am always quite busy. Does this make me weird? Does it make me boring?

I am obsessed with Ross County. I am alright at singing. I am a lover of music. I am a watcher of TV and films. I am an animal lover. I am a doodler. I am a scribbler. I am a note taker. I am a writer. I am a dreamer. I am a thinker. I am a reader. I am a blogger. I am a people watcher. I am Does this make me weird? Does it make me boring?

I am not someone who likes dishonest  people. I am not someone who like jealous people. I am not someone who likes attention seekers. I am not someone who likes people who will shout in someone's ear without thinking. I am not someone who likes people who are false and say things that are definitely not true. I am not someone who likes people my age to tell me what I can or can't do with my stuff. Does this make me weird? Does it make me boring?

I am not interested in drinking, or partying. I am not someone who has made out with guys just because. I am not probably the average sixteen year old girl. I am not someone who talks to my mates about what the guys that I 'pull' are like. I am not someone who just 'pulls' guys. Does this make me weird? Does it make me boring?

Someone from school called me and a few of my mates negative people and boring. It got me thinking about what it is that makes me weird, or boring, or negative. And I decided. I may be boring, and negative, and weird. But I'm happy. I'm happy with the choices I make in life. And if they make me boring. Or if they make me weird, or even negative, then fine. I'll accept that, I'll do what Jeane says in Adorkable by Sarra Manning and turn hurtful words into positive statements of who I am. I am boring, and weird and negative. And I don't care. Because... I am happy. And that is the biggest I am of all.


3 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you. Don't let them blaming on you for what you are. I don't know who you are face to face, but I'm completely sure you're a great person by what you've explained. Happiness is the most important thing right now. Be yourself. That's all. You may be boring for them, but that doesn't mean you're boring for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure you are a great person as well! I'm focusing on not letting anything negative hurt me and being myself.

      Delete
  2. You sound absolutely lovely, Zoe! You know, I used to always get so upset if people said something to me like "Oh, you're a nerd" or "You should be more like other sixteen year olds." but I've learned to accept me for who I am and to not care with what others opinions are because, like you said, as long as you are happy - and not harming anyone or yourself in the process of being you - than it doesn't really matter all that much what other people say. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.