Sunday, 2 August 2015

Hello, Blog

Well, hello there.

*tries to sidle out of sight and avoid all responsibilities*
This is very strange, doing the whole “blogging thing” again, after months and months and months (okay, it wasn’t that long, but it certainly felt like it) of not blogging. Actually, it’s rather like riding a bike now all I want to do is blog again, which is a plus. On this occasion of having to take an unexpected hiatus, I did actually have a good reason, which was school – or more specifically, exams. Yep, for a whole two months I had to adult and do a bunch of stressful, “life deciding” iGCSE exams. I thought I’d be able to blog, you know it wouldn’t be too bad, and inevitably I was wrong and that’s when the whole unexpected hiatus started. Then I finished my exams, and I thought “yeah, I can start blogging again, this is going to be awesome!” And then reality hit, in which I am quite lazy which definitely had an effect, and I have just been procrastinating writing this post since the middle of June.

I think I at least deserve a pat on the back for getting round to writing this post. 

Though to be fair I can’t take all the credit, I do have to thank the wonderful Sunny who has been awesome to talk to about this whole blogging rut and helped me find my feet again. Sunny is a book blogger I’ve been following for ages and she’s in a bit of a rut at the moment too, so it’d be awesome if you could check out her blog and give her some love, she has written some truly brilliant posts! 

Getting on with the actual purpose of this post, which would be... (yes, there was an actual purpose) that yep, I am back at blogging and if there's still some peeps out there who want to listen to my lunatic rantings then that is another plus. Honestly, now that I'm actually sitting down and writing something it has hit that I've missed doing this a lot. But hey, no chick-flick moments!

Instead, I would like to end today's post with a book recommendation...



I recently read Neil Gaiman's, The Sleeper and the Spindle, which is a really great re-working of a fairy-tale that we may have heard before. Now, I'm not usually one for these types of books but it was written so well, the accompanying illustrations (by my favourite illustrator, Chris Riddell) and the simple product of the book itself was excellent. Along with the gorgeous design Gaiman added his signature twist that made this more of a Brothers Grimm tale than Walt Disney. I definitely think this is a book to be enjoyed by all.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I will personally give you a virtual pat on the back, if no one else has yet *pats on your back* And you deserve to be a lazy after exams - it's the best bit after everythings over ;P Also it's nice to see you're back on twitter tooo :)) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.