Wednesday, 25 March 2015

My Multiple Copies

I have a lot of multiple copies of books. I thought today I would show you what books I have multiples of and tell you a little bit about why I have multiples of them. This is in no particular order, just what I saw first on my shelves.

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


I have three copies of The Fault In Our Stars. The first copy, the one on the left, I got in the book set of all the John Green novels. It's the first one I owned. Then I got the movie tie-in cover below mainly because I can look at Ansel Elgort whenever I want, which is a lot. Also cause there was set pictures in it. And finally I got the shiny hardback for Christmas and it's beautiful, all be it impossible to photograph well.


Looking For Alaska by John Green 



I have two copies of Looking For Alaska. I have the copy I got in the John Green box set and then I treated myself to the UK hardback 10th anniversary edition because it is beautiful and has extra content I like extra content!






Let It Snow by John Green


I actually own three copies of this book but you can't take pictures of Kindle books. I bought myself the Let It Snow paperback in 2013 and I really like the cover. For Christmas I was given the hardback cover which is beautiful, shiny and hard to take pictures of!






Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell




Again I have three copies but one is on my kindle. I read this first on my kindle, then when it was finally released in paperback format I bought it. During the summer last year, a special edition was released and I bought a copy because it has pretty details like Fangirl written on the edges and a post under the dust jacket.




Little Women and Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott




I have many copies of this. The pink Penguin Classics edition was the first I owned for myself and It is the one I reread every year. I then found a copy of Good Wives in a charity shop and bought myself it so that I have a copy, even though I really hate the cover.








I received both of these editions for my Christmas 2013. Both are double editions of Little Women and Good wives. The one on the left has deckled edges and is the Penguin Threads edition. The one one the right is tall and floppy and has a lovely cover. It kind of reminds me of a play edition. I'm not sure who it is published by, so if you know comment please!







Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild



I read this first when I was nine or ten. I really loved the story and I adored the characters and writing style. When this beautiful edition was published last January, I had to get it and my mum treated me to it. It;s so pretty and has a lovely cover and bow and just. So stunning.

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton



I received the first copy on my birthday and then when The Miniaturist won the Waterstones Book of the Year it was released in this beautiful dust jacket-less edition that even has a ribbon bookmark! My mum bought it for me for my Christmas. Fun Fact - I hadn't seen the new cover until a few weeks before Christmas, by which point my mum had already bought it for me. She was lucky I liked the new one or that could have been awkward.


The Story Of Tracy Beaker, The Dare Game and Starring Tracy Beaker by Jacqueline Wilson




I already owned Starring Tracy Beaker and had read The Story of Tracy Beaker when the Tracy Beaker trilogy was published. My dad bought it for me from the old Waterstones shop, before it closed. I got the Dare Game as part of a 10 book set I paid my dad to get me from eBay.





The Lottie Project and The Suitcase Kid by Jacqueline Wilson




I seem to remember getting The Suitcase Kid free with a magazine, probably the only reason I bought the magazine. I got a brand new and cheap copy of the Lottie Project from a school sale of work and the I received the combined book as part of the 10 book set from eBay. It was unexpected as they didn't list it so I didn't know.



My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson




My mum bought me the hardback of My Sister Jodie when it was first released. After a couple of months I read it and adored it. On the 23rd of March 2010, I went to Aberdeen and saw a talk given by Jacqueline herself. I was able to get two books signed, so my mum bought me a paperback copy of My Sister Jodie for signing. Fun Fact - the night I met her was the night Ross County FC bet Hibs in a cup replay to make it to the semi final against Celtic. My dad has never let me forget the I made him miss that match.


The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling 




I bought the first book in the series from a charity shop, the rest from Waterstones. My series had never matched so for my main present at Christmas I got the hardback box-set of the new covers. Then I bought myself as an end of prelim treat the fancy gift edition of Harry Potter                                                             and the Philospher's Stone!




Divergent by Veronica Roth  

 
I bought the first and second books in the trilogy before it was cool, or popular or ever thought of as a film. I love the UK cover a lot. My friend Skye is a huge fan like me so for Christmas I got her the collector's edition and although I was happy to, I was a little jealous cause of all the extra content. On Christmas morning I opened a present and it was the Collector's Edition. I was very excited indeed.


So that's all my multiple copies. I actually didn't know I had so many multiples. You can see a lot of them are because a new edition was published and I really wanted to get it. Comment if you have any multiple copies of books and why you have them. I'll see you next Wednesday.














6 comments:

  1. I love this post! Your extra copies of Looking for Alaska, The Miniaturist, Ballet Shoes and Divergent are gorgeous! I also have the new Harry Potter books like you, but mine are in paperback, and I also have the original ones as well! You have some gorgeous books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a sucker for pretty books! The new Harry Potter covers are so nice, both in hardback and in paperback! And have you seen the cover for the illustrated one?! I need it but I don't!

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome post! I don't think I personally own any double ups of books, but I've been very tempted to get that Harry Potter set....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that you don't need them and that they're not worth it, but my mum always told me not to lie...

      Delete
  3. You have so many multiple copies!!!
    I have doubles of the Harry Potter series because I'm collecting first editions as well as the copies I read, and then I have 2 copies of TFiOS. The one I read, and then a signed limited edition red hardback of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you have the signed red TFIOS!! Jealous!! I actually didn't realise how many multiples I had until I wrote the post!Good luck with you collecting!! All the Harry Potter books are gorgeous!

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.