Sunday, 4 January 2015

Monthly Wrap Up || DECEMBER 2014


For the second month in a row this wrap up is slightly late, but it was Christmas and so on, and I was also debating about doing a last minute yearly wrap up but decided not to because whilst I love reading other people's yearly wrap up's I don't particularly like the idea of posting one myself. Fortunately, even though I procrastinated my wrap up, I was actually really productive  blogging-wise in December, I wrote loads of reviews that needed writing! Plus I also read a lot - there are full days where all I did was sleep and read (and eat, obviously). The closer we got to Christmas the more chocolate became involved whilst reading, which is always a good thing!

Out of the many books I read this month a few favourites include; Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill, Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley, Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey. Now that we're in 2015 there are so many books that I'm excited for, most notably The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, and Ensnared by A.G. Howard! I'm also hoping to read loads more UKYA this year - Debbie (and Jim!) have a spreadsheet of YA and MG books coming out this year (in the UK I believe) and its so helpful, you should definitely check it out here!

I'm not one for really making resolutions, and the whole "new year, new me" philosophy (for want of a better word) isn't something I believe in, but obviously its great if that motivates you to do better! Having said all that though I do a few guidelines I'd like to follow in relation to books this year - 1) Write my reviews no less than an hour after reading the book, if possible. 2) Only buy books if you're seriously going to read them soon! 3) Be brutal with your TBR pile... [That last one may need a bit of work.] And on the blogging front I just want to be a little more organized, and hopefully if I am I won't have to take a hiatus later in the year when I'm taking my iGCSE's.

2014 was a pretty good year to be honest, it wasn't without its up's and its counterbalancing down's but I feel like I really got comfortable with blogging, and now have my own little nook here and of course I've met so many wonderful, amazing people that I couldn't imagine not talking to now. I mean a lot of people don't understand it, a relative of mine for one straight out asked me why I was sending presents to people I'd never met before - but you guys get it right? I mean (as an example) Shazina and I have only been friends for a short time but I already feel like I could talk to her about anything, and our entire relationship bloomed from a shared interested of Supernatural! And of course there's Arianne, who I have mentioned countless times before; she is one of the nicest, kindest, people I have never met, and her intelligence doesn't intimidate me at all [it was thanks to that intelligence that she got me out of jail...] I honestly can't think of my life without her now. Plus countless others, who I can't list because as you all know I'm lazy. But I love you all <3

Now that I've said all the sappy stuff I should probably get on with actually wrapping up December, haha! To start off the month festively I did The Winter Wonderland Book Tag, and following Zoe posted a rant about Zoe Sugg's book; Girl Online. After that my second proper discussion post went up! I talked about tbr piles and mood reading - since I'm very much a mood reader! After that came the post of the year where I spoke about my ten favourite books that I'd read in 2014! The list included Splintered by A.G. Howard, Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith, and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - as well as lots of other excellent books! Then Arianne (there she is again!) and I talked about Pierce Brown's Red Rising in a discussion and joint review post! Zoe came back and told us about her Secret Santa package that she got from Hawwa! Rounding off the start of Christmas we wished you all happy holidays and finally I posted our last review of the year which spoke about why I was conflicted about M.R. Carey's The Girl With All The Gifts.

I think January is going to be a pretty good month for various reasons, like my birthday, and hellatus ending (WE GET TO SEE CHARLIE AGAIN - can my feels handle the next episode?) - and of course all the amazing books that are releasing this month! I have so many Jan 2015 arcs that I haven't read yet... cue the guilt and trying to read them all as soon as possible. Oh and before I forget Louise O'Neill announced the title of her next book (publishing in August/September) which is Asking For It - and obviously having loved Only Ever Yours I will definitely be picking this one up!

2 comments:

  1. I also try to write my reviews as soon as possible, it's definitely easier as you recall everything and it means you won't realise that it's two weeks later and you have 10 books to review! I also want to post more regularly and create a blogging schedule. I have igcses too this year, good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year!
    There's a lot of people that don't have resolutions this year, but I think it's better to have little goals to overcome. I'm following your blog not much time ago for improve my English, and I hope I comment your posts (well, not all, but some of them). I will enjoy, for sure. Ups, and sorry if I make any mistake. :P
    Have a good year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.