Saturday, 3 January 2015

Fionnuala's End of Year Book Survey || Part 2!

2014 End Of Year Book Survey

Welcome back to the second part of my 2014 End of Year Book Survey! Enjoy!

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

I have so many favourite blogs and due to my terrible memory I don't even know which I started reading last year or this year, but a blog I discovered recently that I'm really loving is Michelle's Tales of Yesterday!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

I'm really quite proud of the review I did of The Young Elites of Marie Lu - I'm sure its not my best though, but there's so many reviews from this year and I'm not going to sift through all of them, hehe.

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Best discussion post is definitely the discussion Arianne and I had about Pierce Brown's Red Rising! Not only did I get to talk about books (or well once book if you you want to be technical about it) with one of my favourite people but it really helped me decide what I honestly thought of the book.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I'm not sure if this counts as an event but every #ukyachat is brilliant (look up the hashtag on Twitter!) even though I've only participated in one (which was so much fun!) I always watch the tag when chats are going on because so many good book recommendations come out of it, and its just generally a great experience! A runner up is bout of books, which I participated in for the first time!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

Not to be sappy but it obviously has to be meeting so many amazing bookish people through blogging!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

By views; my review of The End of the World as we Know It by Iva Marie Palmer - which was a very fun read. By comments; my mini reviews of Fangirl and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell! If I haven't told you how much I adore Eleanor and Park then sit down because I'm about to gush.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Erm... *awkward*

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Epic Reads! Everything about these girls and what they do is awesome, not only their website (which hosts brilliant posts and infographics) but Tea Time as well! I've made about four live ones now, and I'm hoping to make it to loads more!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I 'm really happy to say that I completed every reading goal I set myself! I finished (and passed) my GR reading goal of 100 books, I managed to read 10+ UKYA novels this year annnd I read loads more fantasy and YA contemporary! Also branching out into genre's that I don't usually read such as Chicklit, which I surprisingly enjoyed.

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?

Oh goodness, there's so many, but probably Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - I'm so excited for this one and I've had an arc for quite a while so I need to get on that!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

ENSNAAAAARED by A.G. Howard - have I mentioned this already? I probably have.

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

ENSARED BY A.G. HOWARD. THIS FREAKING BOOK. I NEED IT.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

This might be a little outlandish but I would love to reach 100 GFC followers in 2015!

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell - such an amazing book! (Publishing on the 29th of Jan!)

2 comments:

  1. Awwww thank you so much for saying Tales Of Yesterday is your favourite blog you discovered in 2014.... I feel absolutely honoured and over the moon. It really means a lot. Thanks so much for your support xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for reading over 100 books! *jaw drop* I only read 30 this year and am aiming for 50 this time around, haha! I want to exceed it though. ;D

    Ack, every time you mention A.G. Howard it reminds me how I HAVEN'T YET READ SPLINTERED. *cries* & I'm sure you'll reach 100 GFC followers because your blog is FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.