Monday, 1 December 2014

TAG || Winter Wonderland Book Tag

Its the first of December which means its officially time to start counting down until Christmas, grab out your advent calendars etcetera etcertera... So I'm doing the Winter Wonderland Book Tag today, to get us started! This tag was super fun to do and I found it whilst I was browsing through book blogs a while back, I couldn't find who originally created this tag - but if you know please tell me so I can credit them in this post!

1. What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?
This may be a bit of a shocker but I haven't read many la-la-rainbows-and-unicorns-happy books, at least none without any earth-shattering-ly sad endings, maybe I've been reading the wrong books? So let's just focus on the second half of this question, and that has to be Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt, I said something quite similar in my review of it - it just warms my heart so much, its all sunny and glowy and lovely.

2. What is your favorite book with a white cover? 
I have such a terrible memory I can barely remember which books I own that have white covers, let alone which one is my favourite... erm... I think I'm going to go with A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray, which may not technically be "white" - but whatevaaaaah. 

3. You're sitting in a nice comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely warm hot chocolate but what MONSTER read are you reading?
I'm not sure whether this question means monster as in horror, or monster as in MASSIVE, so I'm just going to cheat slightly and answer with two books. The scary book I'd be sitting in with, clutching my hot chocolate, is Say Her Name by James Dawson (you can read my review of it here!). It's one of the best horror novels I've read this year, absolutely fun, spine tingling, and a brilliant contemporary. The MASSIVE read I'd have balancing on my knee's would be one of the books from the A Song of Ice and Fire series, each one definitely counts as a tome, and its one of my favourite series to re-read. Plus the newest installment is coming out in January just in time for me to spend my birthday money on it, hehe!

4. It started snowing so you decided to have a snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have the snowball fight with? 
It has definitely got to be one of the Harry Potter characters because I just associate Hogwarts with snowy Christmases and warm fireplaces - and obviously snowball fights! Eeek, the only problem now is to pick one of them... okay, the Weasley twins! Who wouldn't want to have a snowball fight with them? (Both of them. BOTH. OKAY.)

5. Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire? 
Even if its a book I hated I'm completely again defacing books but in this case... hypothetically... I would be totally okay with ripping out the last chapters of Allegiant, just to not have to go through *that*. You know what I mean.

6. What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn't read before but wants to get into reading? 
Without a doubt Extrememly Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, I've recommended this so many times and I would absolutely gift it to almost anyone who wanted to get into reading. Its one of my favourite novels of all time, similarly My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is a close second - I would gift both of them!

Now, I've got to tag some people, so I tag; Amber @ The Mile Long Bookshelf, Michelle @ Tales of Yesterday, Ruby @ Feed Me Books Now and Georgia @ The Bibliomaniac, and Holly @ Lost In A Library - have fun, muahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.