Tuesday, 11 November 2014

TAG || The Bedtime Book Tag

The lovely Rachel from Booktastic reviews tagged me to do this tag, and I'm fairly excited. I'd actually never head of this tag before reading Rachel's post! I tag Shazina from The Book Chapter, Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf, Georgia from The Bibliomaniac, and Lucy from Queen of Contemporary - sorry if you've already done the tag/already been tagged! The Questions and My Answers ~

1. What book kept you up all night reading?
Wow, there are so many books that I stayed up late to finish - most recently it was Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, gosh, I just had to finish that book. I could not put it down. Even taking breaks to do normal human things like going to the bathroom and eating were a struggle because I didn't want to stop reading; I'm still having trouble writing a review for DoS&B!
2. What book made you scared to go to sleep?
No book has ever really scared me, like properly scared me - I'm far too logical for that, but the last book that had me sort-of giddy with fear before I put it down to sleep was Say Her Name by James Dawson, I absolutely adored that re-telling of Bloody Mary! (You can read my review of it here!)
3. What book almost put you to sleep?
I hate to say it, well actually I don't because this book was just so frustrating... Endgame by James Frey had me falling asleep, I tried to give the book a chance but it was just drone, drone, drone. Unfortunately that one was a DNF, and I now have to write a totally not positive review of it, since I received the book from HarperCollins. Eek.
4. What book has you tossing and turning in anticipation of its release?
Completely off the top of my head, very first on my anticipated-releases list is Ensnared by A.G. Howard - I completely fell in love with Splintered and its sequel Unhinged, and I've been waiting for the third and final installment for what feels like forever. Luckily, the release date got dumped forward ten days earlier! (Its being published in January of 2015 by Amulet Books!)
5. What book has your dream girlfriend/boyfriend?
Um... gosh this is so hard, I feel like I'm betraying all my favourite books by picking just one. Okay, okay, I'm gonna go with West from Take Me On by Katie McGarry because he was the last book boyfriend  that I really raved about character-wise.
6. What book world would be your worst nightmare to live in?
I agree with Rachel on this one, probably The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, for the same reasons. Mostly because whilst I like my alone time, I kinda want to be able to have contact with muggles if I want to. You know, actually having the choice.
7. What book cover reminds you of night time?
The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell; especially this edition ~

It just reminds me of nighttime, and stars, and dreams and Wonderland. All the things I love about the night; call me sentimental.
8. What book has a nightmarish cliffhanger?
Because I have a terrible memory I can't really thing of any book to answer with for this one; apart from Daughter of Smoke and Bone again. I can't recall if it really had that much of a cliffhanger or if it was just the massive, aching, longing I had to start the sequel and find out what happens next.
9. What book have you actually dreamed about?
The only dream I can remember that centered round a book was kind-of strange. It was the night I'd just finished Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas and in the dream everything was totally black until this flame lit and started flickering. Then this gold, ribbon-like, mist started floating all about the place, then it turned into what I imagine Aelin to look like but all glowing gold, with this amazing vine/branch-ey tiara on her head. And in the dream she was like scary powerful. And she was standing in a circle of ash and flames. Which was obviously my unconscious representation of the quote from the end of the book ~
"She was the heir of ash and fire. And she would bow to no one."
10. What book monster would you not want to find under your bed?
Oooh, there's so many wonderful monsters from books, ehm... I think I would hate to find something like a boggart under my bed (does that count as a monster? ah well) because  boggarts obviously take the form of your worst fear so yeah... definitely wouldn't want a boggart hiding under my bed.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, we all do need a bit of interaction with the muggles now and then. ;P

    AND SPLINTERED LOOKS SO GOOD - REALLY WANT TO START THAT SERIES!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.