Friday, 14 November 2014

Book Haul & New Things

Book blogging has really encouraged me to work on my photography skills, I liked doing it before, but now its become a serious hobby of mine that I work on at every chance I get. Consequently, I've been taking a lot of photo's of books, and trying to get better at it every time. I'm still a total beginner and I don't think anyone can be more critical of my photography (or any of my endeavors) than myself. Saying that though I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved in the last few days plus I really couldn't wait until the end of the month to show you all the awesome books that arrived this week!

Asylum // Noggin // If I Stay // Days of Blood and Starlight (x2) // Frozen // A Discovery of Witches
Perfected // The Young Elites // Compulsion // The Kiss of Deception
The Goldfinch // The Girl With All The Gifts // A Thousand Pieces of You // Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Sadly all the pictures of beautiful books end here. I didn't just decide to write this post to show off some of the new additions to my shelves, I wanted to post it because there were a few minor things I wanted to mention and it made more sense to talk about it in a post where I wasn't going to really use much text, instead of making it a post on its own. 

Firstly, like I mentioned at the beginning of the post I've been getting more into photography and feeling a bit more confident about what I'm producing so in the next few weeks or so you might be seeing more posts that have less text in them and are based more on photos! I will try to make these new photography-based posts as unique and interesting as possible so you're not just staring at pictures of piles of books but something that's hopefully a bit more stimulating! Along the same lines; I've been thinking a lot about more creative posts which I've always been a bit reluctant to post mainly because as you may know I'm not the most confident person, I'm overly critical of myself and anything I do, but I'm going to give it a try and see how things go - so not only will you be seeing more posts with photography in them but hopefully you'll also be seeing more creative posts as well! 

And as a footnote, I'd just like to quickly apologize for the sporadic posting this month, what with Mocks and me just procrastinating writing reviews like crazy I don't actually have anything prepared to put up for this week (I will have posts ready for next week though!) so yep, sorry about there not being much variation in posts from me these past couple of weeks!

Oooh, ooh, lastly here's the e-books I got this week as well - might as well include them in the haul too! All these were from publishers via Netgalley :)

As an addition I also picked up The Wicked + The Divine after stalking a Twitter conversation that praised it. The Wicked + The Divine is a comic (I believe...?) which is rare for me to pick up, if I do pick up a comic I'd rather it was a classic but I really do love this cover - I haven't started it yet though!


What new books did you get this week? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. YOUR BOOK PHOTOGRAPHY IS SO PRETTY! <3 DO MORE SOON. I haven't got any books this particular week, but I recently got The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender as well as Gone Girl, so I'm excited for those!

    Charli x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKIES CHARLIEH <3 I so need to buy Ava Lavender, not only does the cover look fantastic but everyone says its really good! Gone Girl is brilliant - seriously, that book will just bloW YOUR MIND!

      Fi xxx

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.