Saturday, 8 November 2014

[Belated] Monthly Wrap Up || OCTOBER 2014

So I pretty much drafted most of this post and never got round to finishing and publishing it, but as I said I'd already written most of it so I may as well post it now as a belated Wrap Up. Sorreh! What with Mocks coming up in a few days and me getting kinda sick (more on that in the post) I just adopted a 'not right now' attitude to blogging for the past week or so, and yeah... so this is the wrap up post I wrote at the end of October... enjoy!

Yeah, I don't really know where to begin with this post - a lot of stuff happened during October, but I can't really be bothered to tell you all about it because I'm still sick, so we might as well start of with that. Nearly a week ago I got pretty sick, nothing terrible, just a cold, but I didn't take to it to well and spent about twenty hours a day sleeping and the remaining four hours watching episodes to shows like Agents of SHIELD and whatnot. I was pretty much too ill to function, or at least do anything productive and I'm still not feeling too great, but I have to start writing posts again, starting with this one. On a more positive note, IT WAS HALLOWEEN - the sweets and chocolate products definitely helped me feel better...

Onto posts from this month; personally, I think that post wise this month has gone really well, there were a decent amount of reviews and other things! Not only did I make one, but TWO review graphics (Anna and the French Kiss, and The Rosie Project) Zoe made her comeback and is posting again, yay! You can read her "comeback" post here. There were also two discussion posts, one from Zoe was about why she reads, and the second one was from me, and it was on the topic of why I had never published a discussion post before. Also, both Zoe and I got mentioned in Oh, the Books's weekly re-cap  which is such an honour, and amazing!

REVIEWS:

The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

A few exciting things happened outside of blogging - the first and foremost that I'm still kind-of amazed about, is that at the start of the month I went to my very first concert, ever. And not only that, but it was to see Ed Sheeran - now I'm a fan of Ed Sheeran's music and have been for a while, so when I saw that he was going to be in Belfast for two nights (Wednesday the 8th and Thursday the 9th) performing at the Odyssey I knew I had to at least try to get tickets and go. Now, things were all very chaotic that week and up until the night before I hadn't had a clue that I was going, I'd already accepted the fact that I wasn't going and then casual as you like my aunt tells me that she had tickets for me and my cousin to go. I freaked out on the inside, and the next day we were on our way. The ride wasn't exactly smooth, there were a few complications, number one being that the main road that took us to the Odyssey was jam packed because everyone was driving there for the concert. Then we round the corner to the bend that is supposed to take you there and find out its been blocked off and that we now have to go the long way around, so taking the initiative my cousin and I said we'd walk there. It was raining. Neither of us had a coat. 

There were two other girls who had gotten out and were walking with us as well, so all together we approached the road blocks when a very angry security man started screaming at us that we weren't allowed to go that way, even on foot. So we all turn around and in freezing, wet, windy, weather we have to walk over 500 metres to get there. Finally though, we did, and after going through security we were led to our seats - and I'm not joking we had amazing seats! Since we're both under 16 we weren't allowed in the standing area, which was fine because the viewpoint was amazing and we were way closer to the stage than I expected to be. And all this was before we had even seen Ed. 

After picking up a drink we settled in and chatted whilst the opening act (a band called Saint Jerome I think...) played. Then the lights dim, the chatter escalates, AND FREAKING ED SHEERAN WALKS ONTO THE STAGE. Seriously if you ever get the chance I definitely recommend going to see him live because it was so amazing, and the atmosphere was electric. AND, AND, AND, AS A SURPRISE, HE EVEN BROUGHT A MEMBER OF SNOW PATROL ON STAGE TO SING AS WELL, AHHHH (I really love Snow Patrol too...) - he also played one of my favourite songs, I See Fire (because The Hobbit, duh) and it was so.... I don't even know how to explain it, but it was fantastic hearing it live and SEEING THE BIG SCREEN(S) BEHIND HIM LIGHT UP WITH THE GREAT DRAGON SMAUG. Honestly, one of the best nights of my existence.

And this is where the draft ended, I can only presume I got way to excited about that experience and ran to watch the Hobbit films. Haha. I can't actually think of anything else to say - usually I tell you guys what books I got at the end of my wrap up posts, or if I got loads I do a separate haul post - but I only got a few this month, and most of the books I bought in October haven't arrived yet, so I've just decided to do a big Oct/Nov book haul at the end of this month! Among other things I'm currently working on lots of exciting bloggy projects that I can't wait to finish and show you! I hope you guys had an awesome month too!

1 comment:

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.