Sunday, 5 October 2014

TAG || Book Blogger Confessions

Thanks to Emz from Icy Cold Reads for tagging me! This tag was originally created on Laura's Book Reviews!

The Rules ---
Answer these questions truthfully.
Once you've completed this tag, tag five other book bloggers to answer these questions next.

The Questions ---
Which book, most recently, did you not finish?
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - not because I didn't want to read it, or because I didn't enjoy it, but because my copy arrived slightly damaged from The Book Depository and the first one hundred pages or so began falling apart whilst I was reading it! So I stopped reading that copy.

Which book is your guilty pleasure?
The book that immediately comes to mind is Twilight, I own all the books in the series and I do enjoy reading them from time to time... don't get me wrong I don't identify with it at all, and I often mock the books and films, but they're easy reading when I'm bored or stuck in a serious slump.

Which book do you love to hate?
It took me a while to come up with an answer to this but I finally decided on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, its a bit like Twilight - I enjoyed the book when I read it but apart from when I'm actually reading it I hate it. I hated the romance, and the book just didn't makes sense to me.

Which book would you throw into the sea?
In a fit of joy I would probably toss my physics textbook into the sea after I finish my GCSE's - does that count as a book? Ah well, I'm including it anyway.

Which book have you read the most?
Its a tie between Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, the Alex Rider series, and the Harry Potter books! I've read each of them roughly the same amount of time, all you have to do is look at how well worn the spines are *winces*

Which book would you hate to receive as a present?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone be Laini Taylor! Like Emz its not because I hate the book, I actually really love it, but I've received various copies of it including one I bought and I really don't need another copy of it!

Which book could you not live without?
I don't even know how I'm supposed to answer this... I guess I would pick Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer... I mean I re-read it nearly every month, and if there's one book that I couldn't live without it would be that one.

Which book made me the angriest?
A book has never actually made me angry, but the book that has made me the most conflicted and irritated was Winger by Andrew Smith mainly because I couldn't decide whether to give it five stars or one star and the ending just made my brain melt. On the one hand I enjoyed it, but on the other there was nothing I could pinpoint that I liked about it - hence why I still haven't reviewed it.

Which book made you cry the most?
A book has never made me cry, so.... none?

Which book cover do you hate the most?
Off the top of my head... I really, REALLY don't like the sparkly covers of the Lux series bind-ups and Opposition, I've been meaning to buy the series for ages but my bookshop only sells the silly sparkly covers and that's put me off.

I'm tagging ---

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the Lux bind up covers either. :O And I feel like I should pick up Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close now because of how much you love it.

    Don't know whether or not to tell you that I really want to read Twilight. (Ooops, guess I just told you ;p). Just so I can form my own opinion on the most debated about series EVER!

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.