Tuesday, 7 October 2014

LET'S GET GRAPHIC... Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Its been a while since my last review graphic, and I mean a while! I think that the last one I did was near the end of August. Ah well, I can only make graphics I'm happy with when inspiration strikes, and in this case it did strike, and I'm really happy with it. I was also surprisingly happy with this book too. As you can see from the title of the post, I did indeed jump on the bandwagon and start Anna and the French Kiss, the first in a companion trilogy by Stephanie Perkins - which has been about the blogosphere for ages, and I can see why. I hope you all like the graphic!!

Title: Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1)
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Usborne Publishing, January 1st, 2014
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback, 416 pages


Blurb ---
Anna has everything figured out - she was about to start senior year with her best friend, she had a great weekend job, and her huge work crush looked as if it might finally be going somewhere... Until her dad decides to send her 4383 miles away to Paris. On her own. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna finds herself making new friends, including Etienne, the smart, beautiful boy from the floor above. But he's taken - and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss she's been waiting for?
In case you missed it, my last review graphic was for Holly Smales's GEEK GIRL! Click on the image below to see the post!

Harriet Manners knows a lot of things. She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average personal laughs 15 times per day. What she isn't quite so sure about is why nobody at school seems to like her very much. So when she's spotted by a top model agent, Harriet grabs the chance to reinvent herself. Even if it means stealing her Best Friend's dream, incurring the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly humiliating herself in front of the impossibly handsome supermodel Nick. Even if it means lying to the people she loves. As Harriet veers from one couture disaster to the next with the help of her overly enthusiastic father and her uber-geeky stalker, Toby, she begins to realise that the world of fashion doesn't seem to like her any more than the real world did. And as her old life starts to fall apart, the question is: will Harriet be able to transform herself before she ruins everything?

4 comments:

  1. Love the graphic! And I totally agree with you. Anna is such a heart-warming story :) It was very easy to read I think and just fun overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To echo Lieke, LOVE the graphic! So smart!

    I started Anna but never finished it. It wasn't because I necessarily didn't like it, it just wasn't really grasping my attention (I'm not really into the chick-lit/contemporary genre). :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphic too! As well as the book itself :) I really enjoyed reading AATFK and looking forward to reading Lola and Isla when I finish my exams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a unique way to review books! Your graphic is completely gorgeous. I need to get back into graphic design.

    I liked Anna and The French Kiss for the most part. There were annoying parts of the book for me, particularly in the latter half. I loved the cinema aspect! I also didn't care for the drama which lowered my own reviewing of the book. I totally want to go to Pairs.

    I've heard of Geek Girl, I may read it some day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.