Friday, 1 August 2014

Monthly Wrap Up: July

Well, I don't really have much to say introductory wise, and I'm not sure if that's because things have been pretty quiet recently or because I'm still jet lagged and super tired after traveling for two days. Ah well. Let's finally wrap up this month so I can go to bed.

This month I debuted my take on graphic reviewing and it went down pretty well the first time, so I did it again a second time this time including Zoe's thoughts on a book we were both highly anticipating - its safe to say we had quite contrasting views on that particular book.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart // 5 Bookish Birds
Solitaire by Alice Oseman // 2 Bookish Birds (from me) & 5 Bookish Birds (from Zoe)

In terms of non review posts there were three; in the first I wrote about my thoughts upon finishing the last book in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire - its less of a review and more of a farewell. Next, Zoe wrote about her Kindle and started E-book week - you can see her TBR in the post! 

Lastly, I debuted a new feature (as a lot of you probably know I'm terrible with keeping up features but this on is monthly, and I actually really love doing it already, so I reckon I'll be able to keep it up) called Mum's the Word in which I discuss bookish related things/stuff/everything with my mum - in the first installment we hit the keys pretty hard and spoke about the dystopia genre, it got a little intense!


Outside of blogging my life has been well... uneventful. I haven't really read much this month, having just recently gotten out of a huge slump {like, the epitome of slumps, it was honestly terrible} I'm a little wary of what books I pick up now... I went on holiday for a week with the family in Malaysia and just got back today (hence the jumbled-ness of this post a lack of organization - it was an impromptu trip) and guess what? I BOUGHT BOOKS - of course, more on that in another post though! For now I shall say goodbye to you and hello to my bed, or the carpet, that's comfy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.