Monday, 30 June 2014

Monthly Wrap Up: June

Gosh, I am actually at a loss of where to begin, or what to even include in this month's wrap up - I mean a hell of a lot of stuff happened. I guess I should start with one of the most important things and (if you don't know already) that is the fact that I now have a co-blogger, the lovely Zoe has decided to join me in blogging madness. We wrote an introductory post that was in tune with an Aladdin song (awesome, I know) which you can read here. But before that I held a little event sort-of thing where you got to know some of my best bloggy friends via their alter Divergent or Hunger Games ego's. I had great fun with that, and it really seemed to gain some popularity, so I might bring it back for other people who want to participate!

Next thing that I somehow feel the need to address is the number of reviews that went up this month, six (five of which were my own) - I know this might not sound like a lot to other bloggers, but it is the most I've done in one month so far, and I am actually really proud of some of those reviews, and Zoe's review too! Also, in total, seventeen posts went up this month - which I am stupidly proud of, and although the coming months may not contain as many posts, due to the fact that most of this month's posts were impromptu, I hope you still enjoy the content! On the subject of books and reviews (not really, but anyways...) I got a crap load of books this month, which I will not be including in this wrap up, but I have written a separate "June Book Haul" post that's going up soon (tomorrow, actually) - so if you're interested in seeing all the books I got this month then you can check out that post when it is live.

Side note; it was also my blogoversary this month! Yay *throws confetti* my blog was officially one year old on the 26th of June, and I wrote a very, very, long post about it in which I say thank-you a lot, but I did go to the liberty of adding in some gifs; this way to see the gifs --> heeeeere are the gifsNow since I'm so nice I have helpfully categorized all the posts and reviews that went up this month... yay for organization.

REVIEWS:

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – 3/5

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell – 4/5 

The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson – 4/5

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira – 2/5
Say Her Name by James Dawson – 4/5
Louder Than Words by Laura Jarrat -- 5/5



EVENT POSTS:


Day One - Holly
Day Two - Charli
Day Three - Amy
Day Four - Sabrina
Day Five - Saira
Day Six - Sophie

OTHER POSTS:
A Whole New World... (co-blogger introduction)

In other news? This month has been absolutely hectic, and not just blogging wise - I had my end of year exams so it was nose to the grindstone with revision. Then my gran flies over to give us a visit (she's still here) which is fun, I mean apart from the fact that her being here limits my Twitter time, but its a small sacrifice. Haven't really read much this month, which is kind of disappointing, but I'm actually pretty okay with it - I did start the highly praised We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, and have yet to finish it. Then, I mentioned this briefly at the start of my blogoversary post, I got pretty ill - I think I'm over it now - and felt like death, now all I'm left with is this ulcer that really hurts (tmi?) not even a consolation prize. I did a couple of guest posts this month which was fun (if you want to read any of those, they're listed under the 'Press' tab) especially since I got to talk about Heir of Fire... OH MY GOD, THIS BOOK - JUST EPICNESS IN A JACKET. Like seriously, this book will not disappoint, I think its my favourite in the entire series, so far. I think I ended last months wrap up with caps about a book... yeah... adios for now peoplez.

3 comments:

  1. I really need to read We Were Liars - heard amazing things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyyyyra, We Were Liars is just as bad as I suspect Just One Day to be (when I finish it, obviously) but yas, read it!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooops, I didn't know about Zoe. WELCOME, ZOE! [took an impromptu break toward the summer holidays there because school was just stressful. but now it's the holidays, YAY].

    I'd be very proud of 17 posts too! I basically wrote one. *hides face in shame* Hopefully, I can turn that around! :3

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.