Sunday, 29 June 2014

I'm In A Reading Slump...

I am in a reading slump. I have been on and off since April! So I thought I would tell you about it and how I'm trying to kick myself out of this slump.

In April I got some bad news. This news had been following on from the lots of bad news I had been getting since last October. And I stopped reading. I didn't want to, I just did. For a few days, every book was the wrong book. And then RS, which is what I call my Reading Slump, decided he wanted fantasy. So I got fantasy and I started to read them.

And it worked! YAY!! Until it didn't. And then I was back to square one. So then I seen something on Twitter about reading your favourite book. So I grabbed one of my copies of Little Women and tried to read it. But I wasn't in the mood for it. Or should I say, RS wasn't in the mood for it.

So then I started reading more contemporaries. And it sort of helped. I wasn't in a reading slump, but I was reading books EXTREMELY s l o w l y. In fact I've only read three books in the last two months at a relatively fast speed and they were City of Heavenly Fire, We Were Liars and How To Love. Everything else is taking me weeks.

But, I think I may have found a cure. I was looking at my shelves when I saw a series calling to me. I walked over to them and grabbed the first in the series and read it. And then the second. And then the third. And the fourth. This series is the Silver Spires series by Ann Bryant, one of my favourite childhood series. I love them so much.

I know I could be speaking too soon and that my reading slump may come back but for now, it's going and that's all that matters. 

So there you go. My reading slump in a few paragraphs. I just wanted to write about it and let you all know. Sorry!! Bye!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.