Tuesday, 17 June 2014

A Whole New World...

If you have ever seen Disney’s Aladdin, then you’ll get the reference in the title and if you haven’t well, a whole new world is a song that Aladdin and Princess Jasmine sing, and I just feel like it’s a really great theme for what this post is about.

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

I just, I can’t recall a time when I have ever been this scared but excited for something to happen, but scared in a good way, scared in a changing way. And I’m just going to jump into the deep end and say… 

I now have a co-blogger.

I’ll tell you more about my amazing co-blogger in a moment (I may be biased since she’s one of my bestest friends, but it is true) – because right now, I feel like I really need to explain why I’ve gotten a co-blogger, since I know there’s a lot of people around my age who run their own blogs single handedly and I might get criticism for this, and that’s fine, criticize me all you like.

The main reason why I decided I needed a co-blogger was, indirectly, because of having issues finding somewhere to study and sit an Art iGCSE (as that would help me to do A-level Art and qualify to study architecture at university) and since that didn't work out I’d pretty much given up hope of studying architecture, and I got quite internally depressed about that. I mean, studying architecture has been in my head for close to five years now and to have that completely taken away from you – I just lost direction of what I wanted to do in the future career wise.

But something came up recently allowing me  to study a Cambridge Art iGCSE online in an intensive ten month course (starting next week), and this will take a lot of dedication, and a lot of time, on top of school and blogging, I’m worried I’ll either fail blogging or fail my iGCSE. And I don’t want to quit blogging at all, but my education always has to come first, so I thought halving the blogging workload would really help me cope more.

I hope you guys can understand this, and I’m really excited about this, like the lyrics I quoted earlier, I think it’s going to be great to have a new point of view on the blog and a new personality.

Now, enough of the heavy; I know that choosing a co-blogger is a really important thing, you need someone you can work well with and someone you can trust – but in fact, it took me five minutes before I sent an email to this person explaining and offering/asking if they would like to co-blog with me. Funnily enough, we had actually spoken about this before.

So, without further ado, I will pass over the keys to this lovely person, Zoe, to introduce herself.

Hi!!! *waves like a maniac* I'm the new co-blogger! I'm almost 15 (August) and I read books! My favourite book ever is Little Women!!!! I overuse exclamation marks, if you hadn't already got that, so watch out if I'm writing a review!! I've always been a reader! I love to write, even though I do suck at it, and I would love to be a teacher, author or something in publishing when I'm older! I love to sing and I'm in my school choir! I'm very shy, in person! I love Ross County Football Club, and football in general, as well as chocolate, so people take hints. The quickest way to become my friend is to send me books and chocolate!! Thant's all from me! I'm very excited to become Fi's co-blogger and I hope I do okay!! Bye!! *waves again*

Fi: Zooeeee, I have seen your writing and I can definitely say you don't suck! Yes, people, do take notes I sent Zoe books and chocolate and although it hasn't arrived yet we're closer than ever ;)

Many bloggers that I know also know Zoe, even though she wasn't a blogger before she is still involved with books as much as the rest of us are and I'm really hoping that this works out and that all of you can support us both!!

You can follow Zoe on twitter @ZMaclver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.