Thursday, 29 May 2014

Monthly Wrap Up: May

You remember how I said last month I probably wouldn't be doing Monthly Re-caps anymore? Well, that's slightly true, I've changed it up, now I'm doing *drum roll* MONTHLY WRAP UP'S! I don't know why but it sounds more cheery than a re-cap, you know? Anyways, I would like to apologize for basically spazzing out near the end of the month and hardly blogging - hence why this wrap up is coming earlier than usual; there are two massive developments happening related to the blog in coming June, and I just wanted to end the month (blogging-wise) now and start again on the first of June, so its not a hiatus exactly, y'all just know that I'm not going to be posting until then! And its not like its a super long wait ;) Without further ado, let's wrap up this month.


Reading wise, I think May has gone really, really well, granted I didn't enjoy all of the books, I still got plenty read and am hoping to review most of them very soon.

BOOKS I READ in May (in no particular order):

Take Me On by Katie McGarry
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Will The Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up? by Sara Hantz
You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson
All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
Branded (Fall of Angels) by Keary Taylor
Come Back To Me by Mila Gray
Some Fine Day by Kat Ross
Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon
Branded by Abi Ketner and Melissa Kalicicki

Fourteen books, I think I pretty much kicked ass in that department.

ON THE blog:

I debuted a new feature; Consider Yourself Stalked! Which I haven't had time to carry on, yet, but I promise, sooooon! In the meantime, you can go read the post where I stalked one of my bestest friends, Charli (you should already know who Charli is, I mention her a lot... like, a lot), right here.

I also did a Top Ten Tuesday this month, yeah, I know I'm terrible at keeping up with features... anyways, the topic was books that you almost put down but didn't - you can see mine here.

And lastly I did a reply post on Bookshop Serendipity, which I think may be *one* of my favorite posts ever, in the world... okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic, buts its so relatable, just go read my post and you'll get what I mean, now go, shoo, READ IT (only if you want too...).

BOOKS I REVIEWED in May:

Sadly only two, but I promise there will be more next month!!

Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott (see review here) // 3 bookish birds
A Kiss In The Dark by Cat Clarke (see review here) // 4 bookish birds

THIS MONTH'S reads: 

The Authors Guide to Writing Review Requests by Amber (The Mile Long Bookshelf)
Marvel Madness: Females I Love by Amy (Amy Bookworm)
Review: We Were Liars by Jack (The Book Stop)
When A Series Ends by Ruby (Feed Me Books Now)
Discussion: Judging Books by Their Covers by Charli (To Another World)
Michael Gove Had Officially Gone and Done It by Rita (Weaving Pages)
Book Review // Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor by Hawwa (It Was Lovely Reading You)


IN OTHER news:

Everything's been pretty quiet with me recently, these past few days mainly consisted of me cocooned in my duvet reading and writing, I also burned through an entire pack of instant cappuccino sachets within two days... lesson one in life, don't drink coffee literally minutes before you plan to sleep, hence why I was still awake when the sun rose this morning.

But enough about me - BEA is happening this week! For those of you who have obviously been living under a rock BEA is Book Expo America, it is like *the* gathering of bloggers and book-lovers, not that I'd know personally since I've never been to America, and I *sniffle* couldn't go to BEA. But the Hay Festival was this week as well!

And I know for a fact that a very awesome friend of mine, Zoe (Bookhi) got a book signed by none other than Cassandra Clare at Hay - SPEAKING OF CASSANDRA CLARE LET ME TAKE A MINUTE TO FREAK OUT OVER CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE, I HAVE IT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, IM SCARED, I DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED THOUGH, SOMEONE HELP ME *curls into a ball* its also very large, I expected it to be smaller, and my book OCD is going through the roof because I got the paperback copy that's like taller than the rest of the series and oh my gosh...

2 comments:

  1. Ack, so jealous of how many books you managed to get through this month! I've been stuck reading a stinky classic for about a month now, haha! And I find it hard to keep more than one book on the go at a time (though I think that's what I might start doing) so it has been a tedious time! WHY ARE CLASSICS SO SLOW?!

    I REALLY want to read Fangirl. I'm sure I'd be able to relate to her and her love of books so well - just like every other avid reader who's read it! Did you like it? Oh, Eleanor & Park! In all honesty, I was rather underwhelmed by that one when I read it. I think I was expecting amazingness and it just didn't end up being my thing... Pity, really! I'm still going to read Fangirl though! What did you think of E&P?

    I LOVE the idea of 'Consider Yourself Stalked' - it's awesome and lots of fun! I loved reading your first post on it!

    Eeeek, Fire and Flood! I'm getting this one soon and am really excited to read it! xD

    Unfortunately I couldn't go to Hay, and I highly, highly, highly doubt I would've been allowed to go to BEA if I had asked, haha! Maybe I'll start saving now and go when I'm an adult... Maybe. Probably not. Maybe YALC will become the UK equivalent to BEA and it'll be happy times. ARE YOU GOING TO YALC?

    Woops. I *think* this could be a long comment. :3 ANYWAY. NICE POST. Reminds me I need to start writing up my May wrap up! :P

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.