Saturday, 5 April 2014

The Liebster Award




In today's post I'm going to be doing the Liebster award, for a second time! The Liebster Award is really all about getting to know bloggers and their blogs with less than 200 followers. Even though its called an award, there is no actual award, its more of a 'Pass It On'. I've been nominated for this award a few times before, and I got nominated again in early March by Olivia from Fictionally Obsessed.




The Rules - 

You must link back to the person who nominated you
You must answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
List 11 facts about yourself.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers.
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

The Questions -

1. Who's your favorite fictional character?
Argh, how am I supposed to pick JUST one!? Hmm... I'd have to say Oskar Schell from Jonathan Safran Foer's 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close'.
2. If you won $1000 but had to spend it all in one day, what would you spend it on and why?
A 1960's Pentax camera, because I just love vintage camera's and photography in general, and I'd spend the rest on books, I don't think I need to say why to that ;) 
3. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
I'm going to be slightly boring and say London, because its close to home, but would still be what I'd view as a great living experience. 
4. Do you like...chocolate or cookies?
Erm... this is so hard! I have to say chocolate, I'm sorry cookies, I still love you!
5. What's your daily schedule like?
Well, on week day's its wake up, shower, breakfast, homework, revision, school, homework, blogging time, reading time, bed. On weekends I am significantly more lazy, its usually wake up, read in bed for two hours with a cuppa tea, get up, take a bath, homework, blogging time, reading again.
6. What format do you like your books in?
Paperback. I love having hardbacks but when it comes to holding them and actually reading them its always paperbacks for me. I like e-books, but you can't  beat a physical book.
7. List 3 must read books that everyone should read!
One - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Two - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Three - Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
8. Why did you name your blog the name it currently has?
Well, it was a bit of a project of elimination, I went through a few names, but one day I was just thinking about phoenix's and so on, and the name just popped into my head, and I really like it.
9. What authors have you met before?
I haven't actually met any authors before, although I've gotten invited to a lot of events I've never had the chance to go. But I did meet an indie author call Debi Evans when I was seven and got the book sent.
10. Favorite kind of candy?
Cola cubes, jelly beans, and skittles! 

The Facts - 

1. I have lots of signed bookmarks but I don't use them, I just like praising them!
2. I like buying a second copy of a signed book I have, because I don't like the potential there is to ruin the books when reading it.
3. I've always loved writing, and want to get a novel published.
4. I'm hoping to study Architecture in college/university. 
5. I have a very slight addiction to twitter...
6. I love cake; and tirmisu is by far my favorite! 
7. I love traveling too, on the sea or in the air, whether its 21 hours at a time, or just half an hour. 
8. I really want to go to a Passanger concert, and hear him play live.
9. My favorite subject is History, and if Architecture doesn't work, I'd love to be a History teacher.
10. I'm a big fan of literature and classics. 
11. I can almost fluently talk and write backwards, though I do make mistakes sometimes!

For the Nominees -
 
1. Which author would you most like to meet and why?
2. What's your life ambition?
3. How would you spend your day if you were invisible?
4. If you could feature in any book which would it be?
5. You need to remove one word from the dictionary, which would it be?
6. Which mythological creature would you like to be?
7. What's your best book related memory?
8. If you could materialize on book character to be your sidekick, who would it be?
9. Bookish Habits?
10. How do you read? (e.g. I usually sit on the couch with my feet curled up, and a duvet wrapped around me, with a cuppa tea.)

I nominate - 

Saira @ Growing Wings
Jordan @ Booklol16
Georgia @ The Books Bandit
Urgh, I can't think of two more, sorry!



4 comments:

  1. WGwg is an amazing book. :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! I might go as far to say I'd prefer it over TFIOS to be honest with you - but they're still both wonderful (heart-wrenching) books! Thank-you! Fi x

      Delete
  2. I recently brought Becky, Will Grayson, Will Grayson. She is loving it and obviously she will lend it to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that! Hehe, hope you enjoy it too ;D Fi x

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.