Thursday, 27 March 2014

Monthly Re-Cap #3

The montly re-cap is coming to you slightly earlier this month, for reasons unknown *taps side of nose*.

ON THE BLOG - 

Its been really quiet on the blog this month, and that of course is my fault, but I'm not making excuses for not posting a lot because I've decided not to schedule anymore; its just really not me. I will post when and wherever I feel like, but I don't mean this in a bad way! Most likely I'll be posting every week, but I'm not going to confine myself to certain dates etc. It was World Book Day, and I dedicated a post to that which you can read here. And I also rambled a little about the Divergent Movie Soundtrack, which I still love. Having already seen the film on the 20th, I can definitely say the music was an amazing bonus!!! Plus the blog now has an entirely new design, which I've been fiddling about with for a while, and I'm super happy with it now. Its elegant and simple, and I adore it. I don't think I'll be changing it anytime soon :)

IN OTHER NEWS -

My life has been pretty hectic in this last week of March with some amazing opportunities arising, and some hush hush projects which I have yet to unveil to you all! But other than that its been pretty quiet; the highlight of the month was definitely seeing Divergent for the first time, omg, argh, asdfghjkl. I won't say anything else because I know the movie isn't out in the UK or ROI yet, and I don't want to spoil! I also took my wee brother ice skating, which was ace... not that I'd ever admit it of course.

BOOKS I RECEIVED THIS MONTH -
Physical:

Goose by Dawn O'Porter - thank-you Hot Key Books!
The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules by
Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg - thank-you Pan Macmillan!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Geek Girl by Holly Smale

I'm still trying to get a hold of book photography, so
bear with me and my terrible pictures, please!
E-books (via Netgally): 

Dangerous by Shannon Hale - thank-you Bloomsbury!
Binary by Stephanie Saulter - thank-you Quercus!
The Year of The Rat by Clare Furniss - thank-you Simon and Schuster!
A Kiss In The Dark by Cat Clarke - thank-you Quercus!
John Dreamer by Elise Celine - thank-you AuthorBuzz!
Essence by Lisa Ann O'Kane - thank-you Strange Chemistry!
Camp Payback by J.K. Rock - thank-you Spencer Hill Press!
Camp Boyfriend by J.K. Rock - thank-you Spencer Hill Press! 
The Stone Golem by Jeanette Battista - thank-you Jeanette Battista!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE -

Amber over at The Mile Long Bookshelf told us about Blogging as a Seven Year Old;
Charli did a Consider Yourself Quoted of These Broken Stars, and her friend Tori has now joined her as a guest blogger, so head over and say hello!
On The Book Stop Jack reviewed This Is The Life By Alex Shearer, although it only got a 1.5 star rating, his review is lovely  nonetheless.
My parabatai Georgia at The Bibliomaniac Book Blog wrote a great post about Comparing Book Covers which included favorites like The Fault In Our Stars and The Hunger Games.
And last, but of course not least, Hawwa at It Was Lovely Reading You wrote a discussion post about Bookish Habits!

BOOKS I REVIEWED THIS MONTH -
Click on the covers to be taken to my review.

BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH - 
I've decided to not included this as part of my monthly re-cap. But I'm happy to say I've read 10+ books over the last two weeks, which given school work and so on, is an accomplishment to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fi! It's been too long since we've fangirled together, I hope you are well. Sounds like you've had a pretty kickass month. I'm seeing Divergent at the Australian premiere on the 7th and I'm all sorts of excited. You got some amazing books, lots of fun reading ahead. I hope April is even better than March!

    - Sunny @ A Sunny Spot Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUNNNNY!!! Long time no see! I'm quite well, thanks! Ooh, you lucky bird, wish I was going to a premiere, not to be greedy or anything, but I can totally pull of the Dauntless/Red-carpet look ;) Me too, hope you have a lovely week! Fi x

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.