Friday, 14 February 2014

Will you... be my Valentine?

Yep, its Valentine's Day... and I'm sitting in a cocoon of my duvet and romance novels, plus chocolate and a box of tissues. So, I thought to myself, why not share the some books I personally re-read as a distraction on this beautiful *cough* day.

Number one on the tear-fest chart (I didn't say they'd make you happy...) is of course The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, you'll definitely need those tissues people!

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Once you're done being in denial about the ending then go watch the trailer of the TFIOS movie... be warned it will make you cry too.

The Fault In Our Stars - Official Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItBvH5J6ss

Next up is Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - you didn't think all the books I'd recommend would make you cry, ehh? An adorable novel for this very special day ;) 

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. She is less than thrilled about boarding school in Paris - until she meets √Čtienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, he has it all - including a serious girlfriend. Will Anna get her French kiss?

Have a look at the book trailer; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Xe2lbt1lk

Author website; http://www.stephanieperkins.com/books.html

Last but not least, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, what's Val Day like without a bit of blood sucking? Not forgetting a little bit of forbidden love is always refreshing.

St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.

I ask TFIOS to be my Valentine... *cries*

There you have it, three books to keep you busy today, enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Augustus Waters. *sobs* *laughs* *cries* *strokes book* *watches trailer for the millionth time* *sobs again* SIIIGGHH. He's definitely one of my favourite book boyfriends.. if you couldn't tell ;)

    I need to read Anna and the French Kiss and the Vampire Diaries ASAP! I've heard nothing but good things and I really want to join in with th hype. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawh, I couldnt REALLY tell ;) BUT DIVERGENT MOVIE COMES OUT THIS MONTH BEFORE TFIOS AND IM FREAKING OUT.

      I only got to reading them both recently, not sure what I think of VA to be honest, but Anna and the French Kiss was nice. Thank-you! :)

      (sorry it took so long for me to reply! im not an organized person... if you couldn't tell ;D)

      Delete
  2. Fi... How many books do you think we can read in one day realistically? :P *wonders why TFIOS always pops up... so determined NOT to read it & it really has just turned into a willpower thing* Did you know that about me? High willpower... Ja.
    I watched the trailer though! Even though I know I can't watch it without reading it & I won't do either but.. I say my willpower is strong but... I think it would be quite a good idea to watch Divergent without reading them.

    I'm only talking about movies, well (it's one reason)... I've got Perks on the brain. "We accept the love we think we deserve". It'd make your Valentines day really sobby though... :P And I don't know... I didn't read it on Valentines XD Should've watched the amazeballs movie though.

    Anna & the French Kiss. No. I'm being stubborn again XD It's reminds me of French Kiss but the Diary Of The Crush one & my brain is confused enough without trying to read it. I'm not purposefully avoiding it like I am TFIOS tho. I see it on blogs but that's all I know. TFIOS is more... EVERYWHERE.
    I generally am not a big fan of contemporary with the main theme of love though... Not ever.

    If I was going to read any of these recs it'd be VA & I wouldn't even blink. THAT'S GOT A MOVIE TOO, OH LOL. I want to read it cos some think it's like Twilight but I need to try to see. Plus, it was there before Twilight apparently so... HA. I need to read that. At least I gained a rec from this post *hugs*

    You got one. PEEEEERRRRRKKKSSS.

    Also, have I only just noticed your hello bar or... is it new? I always notice your creature at the bottom tho & I feel like I need to talk to it XD It's a wee distracting, it's just so cute. Another thing I noticed (and why haven't I thanked you for it) I'm in your sidebar thing. THANKIEEESS. It's so nice :') I wuuuvvv you Fi. Plus, attach that next bit of your story to an email for me & I'll be very happy *hugs again*

    See you around beautiful & happy reading :) xox

    Amy Bookworm @ http://spreadingukya2013.blogspot.com/

    (who has just won the award for longest common ever... OR NOT. Just a wish XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I can read those three books in one day... granted it would mean being in bed all day and lazing about, but I could do it! Wait.... so are you fudging telling me that you haven't actually read TFIOS *pops over to the post office to send you a copy* wait... idk your address xD
      Your willpower is getting very annoying - YOU HAVEN'T READ DIVERGENT EITHER?! That's it young lady you are emailing me your address and I am sending you those books whether you like it or not ._.

      To be fair, I didn't actually read on Val Day either, I was at school... and then revision, etc, etc, you know, the boring stuff normal people do... not that I'm normal of course, but its all about keeping up appearances ;)

      Haha, I've never read the Diary Of The Crush one so it was significantly easier for the to try reading it! The only time I've seen Anna and the French Kiss around was from Amber, but you're right about the TFIOS thing, I read it before the hype really got hiked up by the movie and all that... I know what you mean about contemporary like that, usually I don't read it either, but after some "subtle" book-pushing from Amber I decided to read it - due to me being bias already, I can only say it was "nice" - review going up soon though!

      Oh definitely, I remember seeing the old covers of VA in my school library (I was only about 9) and Twilight was a newbie, ah, those days... No need to hug me just for a rec, its what I do, I book push... well, if I rec a book and someone wants to read it but they don't have it I will offer to post it to them straight away xD Natural reaction! I think that counts as physical books pushing though, lol, not that I'm trying to harass anyone, most people seem happy with it... or maybe my view of society is biased *gasp* :O

      My hello bar has been there for ages! Easily over three months, aww, I had to say bye-bye to my little creature when the blog got redesigned, but I packed him away nice and snug until next time *small tear tracks down cheek* *dramatic music* *cinematic zoom in on the tear* Lol, I can never get enough of, so logically, everyone else would be the same, therefore its is my solemn (or not so solemn) duty to have you on ,y sidebar so that I may corrupt, er, I meant... brighten the lives of many other readers with your lovely posts! XD

      Until next time Athos, happy reading! ;) xx

      (I believe this reply comment may rival you for that award... maybe not, we'll have to see xD)

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.