Monday, 3 February 2014

Monthly Re-Cap

*creeps back into the blogosphere* You may (or  may not) have realized that I basically disappeared from the blogosphere for two weeks, which I'm sorry for (!!!). I had quite a few problems with blogger and some of my scheduled reviews and posts, in the end I just took a step back and focused on school and revision for the past two weeks, which was actually pretty good. I also got time to focus on getting through the pile of review books guiltily shoved into the back of my wardrobe. Now onto the re-cap...

ON THE BLOG...

I got a little sentimental and spoke about the past six months or so of blogging in my Then and Now post, before doing the awesome A to Z Bookish Survey created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner. After that I did a slightly belated post tell you all about my bookish New Year's Resolutions.... let's not talk about that one... *shifts guiltily*, and lastly I went through the in's and out's of "Professionalism" in blogging, which I got a big response too, so thank-you! And if I haven't replied to your comment, im so sorry, you should get a reply soon :)

BOOKS I READ THIS MONTH...

How To Love by Katie Contugno 
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
Pawn by Aimee Carter
Finding Jennifer Jones by Anne Cassidy
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
Storm and Stone by Joss Stirling
Skin Deep by Laura Jarrat
Breathe by Sarah Crossan

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE...

Lucy at Queen of Contemporary wrote and excellent review of Leopold Blue by Rosie Rowell which you can read here.

On The Mile Long Bookshelf Amber told us why she disliked "comment swapping", which I completely agree with, you can check out her discussion post here.

And last, but not least, Georgia interviewed SF Said over on her blog, Books and Writers JNR, which you can read here.

OTHER NEWS...

*flails slightly* I REACHED OVER 900 EFFING FOLLOWERS ON TWITTER - which is really, just insane, honestly, thank-you so much!!!

So, that was my month, how was yours?

2 comments:

  1. I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!

    *calms down*

    *coughs* My month was good. Busy and tiring, but not bad, so it must have been good. I understand problems with Blogger and stuff like that. I don't use Blogger currently, but I've used a few different things over the years, and they all have their. . .difficulties. I hope it behaves for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATH MISSED MY AWESOME PASTRY TOO!

    *shuffles feet*

    Ack, I'm hoping to have gotten my own domain and so on set up for the blog by June, apparently WordPress is better in that sense, so hopefully it'll be a bit more cooperative than Blogger is being at the moment!

    Thank-you for the comment, and general amazingness ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.