Sunday, 8 December 2013

Interview with Lucy from Queen of Contemporary

I got the chance to interview Lucy from Queen of Contemporary, one of the first book blogs I read!

Hi Lucy! For those who aren't aware of you loveliness, can you tell me a bit about yourself and your blog?
Hi Fionnuala! Thanks for having me on the blog today! My name is Lucy and I’m the blogger behind Queen of Contemporary and Project UKYA. I first started blogging in April 2012, and haven’t looked back since. Reading has always been a huge part of my life and I love sharing that part of myself with everyone else.

Do you think you'll stop blogging anytime soon?
I certainly hope not! Starting my blog is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, and even though I 
feel like giving up sometimes, I could never actually do it. I’m too attached!

What is your favorite quote from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green?
“That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt.” 
I think it’s such a true quote and it’s the one that I remember above most of the others. It’s one of 
my favourite quotes from ANY book.

Can you tell me more about Project UKYA?
Project UKYA was set up in September 2013 to help spread the word about UK authors and novels. After doing a fortnight of themed posts on my blog back in the summer, I decided to take things one step further and the blog is a place to let all of my –and others- thoughts on UKYA out and to share them with other people. We do monthly projects that are, hopefully, making more people go out and read UKYA and the feedback we’ve gotten is very positive. I love it!

Was the decision to start vlogging an easy one?
When I started vlogging, not many bloggers were doing it. It’s only recently that I’ve noticed bloggers start to vlog as well. I like reading blogs and talking to people who I feel I know and vlogging meant that I got to share another side of me and hopefully people would understand where I was coming from a bit better once they knew what I looked like and spoke like. I like the personal touches when I’m reading a blog.

How do you balance everything: Queen of Contemporary, Project UKYA, school etc.?
My answer is that I don’t. I am a very, very disorganised person and very often leave everything to the last minute. Now that I’m balancing booktube as well, it’s a bit harder but I love what I do so I try to get everything done, even if I do take ages to do everything. Scheduling posts really helps and then I have time during the week to read and do homework too. 
11472297
What are your top 5 favorite books?
Hard one!

1- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. If you haven’t read this you must because it’s gorgeous!

2- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It’s a very moving and inspirational story of a girl who has cancer. 

3- Magus of Stonewylde (and the rest of the Stonewylde series) by Kit Berry. 

4- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

5- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

What's on of the most memorable occurrences, so far, that has happened due to book blogging?
I had to answer this for another interview recently, and I’m still not sure of the answer. I don’t think there’s one definitive thing that has happened to me that’s been amazing whilst book blogging, because every moment – every comment, every page view, every tweet – is incredibly special to me. 

If you could materialize one character, who would it be?
Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell! 

Thanks for having me, Fionnuala!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.