Monday, 4 November 2013

UPDATE: NaNoWriMo

So, for those of you who follow me on twitter you know I had to take an impromptu two week break from blogging to sort everything out. And by everything I mean schoolwork and so on, but I'm back, again (sorry!). In that two week gap, we've passed Halloween, and now NaNoWriMo has started!


NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month (click on the badge above to be taken to their website). Its a venture to write 50,000 words, basically a novel, within the month of November! It does sound big and scary, but I think its an excellent way to get you kick-started on that novel you've been procrastinating, or just to have a bit of fun! I myself have taken on the challenge and so have other bloggers I know!

As their website puts it; 'National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 p.m. on November 30. Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought fleetingly about writing a novel.'

We are now at day three, I believe, of NaNoWriMo, there's still time for last minute sign-up's if you're feeling up to it! 

Now, as I mentioned earlier, I am participating, so why not tell you a little about my book? Its a Young Adult fantasy, about a teenager called Emma Blackthorn who finds out she is a vital part to an unsaid movement (still pending creation) and since her birth was assigned what is called an 'Iron Guardian', but what happens when you're in love with him? Haha, don't give me that look! You know I can't resist throwing in a good love triangle for our female protagonist. So far I'm quite happy with the way the book is going, and its been planned as book one of a trilogy, fingers crossed I might be able to write decently and this isn't all waffle!! I'm planning to put it under a pen name though, but we'll see what happens. 

2 comments:

  1. Go you! I envy you awesome people, don't think I'd ever have the time to do NaNoWriMo...maybe I could, but I'd pull my hair out in the process. Such a perfectionist I am. Anyhoo, enough about me.
    Fantastic plot! Iron Guardians sound cool, can't wait to find out what this movement is and how she's part of it. Was she 'created' for the role, or is she a descendant of whoever started the movement or OH OH is it a prophecy of her destiny!
    Good luck, and can't wait for you to finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Zoe! Ooh, its definitely not easy, I'm being completely honest, I'm taking this day by day, and had minimal planning done! Apparently I'm a perfectionist, which means I must finish this to the best of my ability... thanks for the genes mum and dad.
      Originally I got the idea from a short piece I did for a 20 minute writing sprint in my creative writing class! The movement is gradually forming and so is a giant conspiracy that I did not anticipate! And you've got it right, she's the descendant of the people who started this movement, along with a prophecy, and her dad is wrapped up in it as well! (please stop guessing the rest of my plot :p one would think its predictable!)
      Hopefully I will finish! But it already seems to be forming itself into a trilogy... books... they are dangerous things, treat them wisely!
      Thanks for the comment!
      Fi xx

      Delete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.