Saturday, 7 September 2013

2013 Debut Authors Bash

Debut Authors Bash at yareads.com


So, as most of you know I have moved to Wordpress, but this blog's website was still in the entrance for the 2013 Debut Authors Bash, so, I shall be posting on this, so no one will get confused, and you may also know I'm featuring the Dystopian genre on my Wordpress hosted blog, and this post would interfere with that. 

The 2013 Debut Authors Bash was a really great project, that I am happy to be a part of, which YA Reads came up with :) 

Now onto the fun! I got a really great interview with April Genevieve Tucholke, so without further ado here it is! 

When did you seriously start considering writing as a career, and why?

As a kid I thought about being an author, as I suppose all reader kids do. I went to school for creative writing, but didn't seriously consider tackling a book until several years later during a snowy Colorado winter.

Why do you write the kind of genre that you do? Whats the draw of this particular genre, to you as an author?
I think I read too much Stephen King at an impressionable age. I think it did something to my brain.
I like horror because it's visceral and vivid. I dig writing showy, energetic things. Subtle character motivations, etc. have their place, but my favorite bits to write are the, uh, loud ones.

For those who don't know, can you give a little insight into your debut novel; 'Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea'?Things included in DEVIL: family secrets, redheads, book-reading girls, liar-boys, naps, coffee, crumbling mansions by the sea, spying, creeping, tied-up kids in attics, devil-hunting kids in cemeteries, art, baseball bats, bonfires, blood.

Do you consider yourself to be a 'planning' author or someone who can write on whims? 
I do both. I write a synopsis and then, while drafting, let myself fly by the seat of my pants whenever the book calls for it.

What are a few books on your TBR shelf?
The Wig in the Window. The Whatnot. Night Film. The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates. Sky Jumpers. The Flame in the Mist. Drowned Cities. The Queen of Attolia. Born Wicked. The Republic of Thieves. 

QUICKFIRE:
Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate
Tea of Coffee?
Coffee. Always.
Flying or Mind-reading?
Flying. 
Winter or Summer?
Neither. I'll take autumn :)


Keep Reading,

Fionnuala xo 

3 comments:

  1. Definitely agree: Autumn every time! :-) Awesome interview, I'm really looking forward to reading April's novel. Now Stephen King I know I must read, but I just can't bring myself to (generally, I'm not good with horror!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Oooh, you must read Stephen Kind, now, go do it xD Amazing books from both authors. Fionnuala, Books for Birds x

      Delete
  2. Bluehost is ultimately the best website hosting provider with plans for all of your hosting needs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.