Sunday, 8 September 2013

DYSTOPIAN DELIGHTS – DISCUSSIONS, INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS (4)

INTRODUCTION - 

For those of you who don’t know I’ve been planning this special/feature of posts for the month of September all related to or about Dystopian fiction. There were two reasons why i decided to do this: 1) Is that I’m going back to school tomorrow and starting Year Ten, and my timetable is is soooooo full this year that I won’t be able to post as often. Though I’ll try for at least two posts every seven days. 2) It was just an idea I had that I thought would be really fun to get different people (authors, and bloggers) involved.

Even though this took a bit of planning and adjusting it was really fun and I just want to thank everyone who contributed and helped make this possible! :D

Welcome back, to another Dystopian Delights post! I got the chance to interview author Jeanne DuPrau, author of dystopia novel 'City of Ember' and its sequel 'The People of Sparks'. It was such a pleasure, so, without further ado, here are her answers to my questions!

Interview with Jeanne Du Prau
Hi Jeanne, for those who don't know can you tell me a little about yourself and your novel 'The City of Ember'?
     I've always been a writer in one way or another. I've taught English and writing; I've worked in publishing companies; I've worked as a tech writer. I left the nine-to-five world to do my own writing, and I published essays, book reviews, and books of non-fiction before writing The City of Ember, a story about a city where there's no natural light except that produced by electrity--and the power is running out.


What was your journey to publication like?

     It has been relatively easy for me to get my writing published. I found a good agent for my novel, there was an auction for the book, and I ended up with Random House, which has been a wonderful publisher for me. I have also had an excellent editor.


If you weren't an author what else do you think you would be doing?
It's hard to imagine doing anything else. If i were good enough, I'd like to be a musician of some kind--but I'm  not good enough.


If you had the chance to become one of your characters who would it be?
I would be Lina, who gets to run around her city and peer into all its shops and houses and dark corners.


Do you have any writing habits? If so what are they?
I work best in the mornings. I am not a very organized writer--I don't write always from 9 to 5, I don't even write every day. I have to do a lot of thinking, and I usually write many drafts and revise many times. I like to sit with my laptop outdoors in the summer, as I'm doing right now!


Thank You so much for that Jeanne!!


Keep Reading,


Fionnuala x


Authors Links -


     Twitter - https://twitter.com/DuPrauJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.