Sunday, 4 August 2013

Twitter, Holiday, and Writing

Hi all!

As you've probably noticed I haven't been posting for the past few days, due to some 'stuff' that I've been doing, haha - wait, why is that funny? - anyway I just thought I'd post a quick update. Don't worry you'll get a proper bookish post tomorrow!

Okay, so, first of all I now have over 100 twitter followers which is... haha, I don't know what to say, really, I'm speechless. But it's so amazing, so thank you to all you wonderful followers!

Next; I'll be going on holiday on the 8th of August until the 17th and will have pretty sketchy WiFi, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post on the blog, or check in with any social media.

Lastly, I've been writing a lot recently and thought I'd share a wee bit with you guys:

The Desolated Walls


These walls would hear,
the small padding of paws,
as sly tomcats slide across,
their surfaces in the night.


They would hear,
the heated wind sigh,
as it passed them.


They would hear,
the crumbling of their own bricks,
yet feel no pain.


In their early days,
they would have heard,
the labored breathing  of men,
as they laid more bricks,
upon the young walls.


The walls would hear,
the scrape of concrete on metal,
as indentations were made.


They would hear,
the silent sobs of a maiden ,
wishing for shelter,
from the walls.


They would hear,
the innocent laugh of a child,
upon stubby legs,
chasing a mangy mutt.


The walls, they would hear,
the mutts excited barks and whimpers,
as the child followed.


These walls would hear,
the earth around them age,
and never die.


Yeah.. you can probably tell I'm not a BIG poetry person, anyway...


Hope you enjoyed that quick update!


HAPPY READING,


Fionnuala xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.