Friday, 28 June 2013

Books I Did Not Finish!!

Unfortunately I, like others, have a few books in my book-case that I never got to the end to. Some of them were classics, and some weren't. My goal for this summer is get to the end!! But meanwhile I decided I might as well share some of the books that I haven't finished and why.

DNF #1 -

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

So, yes, this is one classic that I did not finish. I read about a quarter of the book, then
 moved on to other things, and never really got back to it. It wasn't that I didn't like the book more of the fact that there were so many other books i found more interesting! But I'm hoping to get to the end, 'by hook or by crook'!

DNF #2 -

My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrel

Ah.. yeah, another book I haven't finished. I actually did like, I picked this book up at about fifteen different times started to read it but again I never got further than half-way, its been about six months since I opened the cover of this book, ashamed? yes I am, but I do remember that the descriptions were very well written, so, in all honesty, I really don't know why I never got round to finishing it...

DNF #3 -

Invisible City (The Joshua Files #1) by M.G. Harris

Now, apart from BSRK - by Michael Grant - I don't generally tend to read Sci-Fi books, unless they include another type of genre I like, e.g. horror, adventure action, I really don't read things to do with alien invasions of earth etc. But that wasn't the reason why I didn't finish it, I think it was because I've read books styled the same way, and it was a little... well, boring. But its a good book if you're into that kind of genre.

Now you know some of the books I did not finish, but am hoping to finish within the next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.